Membership with the School Nutrition Assocation of Wyoming will benefit your district, your staff, and your own professional development. SNAWY offers a variety of benefits to members:
- Membership in SNAWY automatically qualifies membership in the School Nutrition Association (SNA)
- Professional education opportunities (at reduced registration cost)
- Opportunity to attend conferences: Annual state conference, Spring and Fall conferences; Regional meetings
- Invitation to join affiliate chapters of SNAWY
- Trade Magazines – Quarterly magazines from SNAWY; Monthly magazines from SNA
- Opportunity to network with other foodservice professionals for program enhancement
- Technical advice, assistance and support from mentoring foodservice directors: Food cost control, Labor cost control, Marketing, Menu development, Nutrition Education, Food bids, Procurement assistance, Commodity assistance
- Opportunity to join group purchasing cooperatives for effective purchasing power
- Ability to grow professionally through certification and credentialing
- Ability to shape school nutrition policies at the national and state levels
- Scholarship opportunities for tuition assistance (self or dependents)
- Awards opportunities
SNAWY strives to provide effective and useful education and training opportunities to all Wyoming members. By working together and sharing ideas and experiences, we can make Wyoming school foodservice a benchmark for school foodservice operations all over the country.
In the ever-changing atmosphere of Wyoming and national legislation, SNAWY works diligently to advocate for Wyoming school nutrition professionals and the children we serve at a state and national level.
Members also receive the official quarterly publication for Wyoming child nutrition professionals.
Career Center (coming soon!)
Members have access to career advancement opportunities through the SNAWY Career Center.